..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Idols

Monday, September 26, 2005

Idols

The 2nd Malaysian Idol has just been crowned: Daniel.

Still, I felt thoroughly disturbed by it. Shouldn't it be Nita instead? But no, Malaysia has decided to go for "cute boy" looks for their next idol and disregard true talents. No offense intended to all you Daniel fans out there but I'm merely expressing my true opinions... And I also overheard someone saying,"We're voting for Daniel, not because of his looks nor voice, but because he's the only remaining Chinese in the contest...".

GROW UP!!! First, you go for looks. Now, it's a matter of racism. Eventhough I'm Chinese myself, I'm ashamed to have a Chinese idol whose voice pales besides that of Nita and whose English diction will probably be his downfall in World Idol. Sigh, what would the world think of us?! That Malaysia's best singer can't even string an English song properly?!

True, they have both improved the most throughout the season but nevertheless, we should view from the finals' angle itself. Daniel has been criticised by Paul Moss (i.e. Malaysia's version of Simon Cowell) for 2 out of 3 songs while Nita has earned praises for all 3 songs and not a single criticism from Paul! Even Roslan Aziz said, "Berikan saya satu sebab mengapa Nita tidak boleh menang." (Give me one reason why Nita can't win.) His confidence in Nita becoming the "next superstar" was shattered when the results were announced. It was absolutely clear that all 3 judges were disappointed though they tried hard to hide it while trying to be happy for Daniel.

Oh well, what can I say? If that's what Malaysia (with 1.2 million of you) wants for the 2nd Malaysian Idol, who am I (one of the 500000+) to judge?

There goes my RM0.50 for text-voting Nita...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Trudi said...

majority wins..muahahaha..
check out delicious ambiguity. ->dambiguity.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home