..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Of dessert and stationery...

Monday, October 10, 2005

Of dessert and stationery...

Last Saturday, I headed for KLCC instead of the planned MVM. It was raining cows and buffalos and my rumbling tummy was too impatient to wait for the tortoise-like KTM to MVM from KL Sentral. Also, my weak immune system warned me against catching a cold in the attempt to catch a bus from the unsheltered staircase of Bangsar station. In the end, I took the fast track of LRT with its usual sardine-can capacity to KLCC.

I had originally planned to purchase some cheap stationery from the Carrefour in MVM but now that I'm stuck in KLCC, I suppose Kinokuniya would do... And so, I browsed through their store, viewing their 'impressive' price tags like those that read RM13.90 for a flat paper file, which any kid can easily make out of manila card... Finally, I came across one of the items on my mental list: laminated index tabs i.e. file dividers. The price? A whooping RM10 per pack of 10 nicely packaged tabs of rainbow colours...

I did some mental arithmetic and concluded that I'll need at least 2 packs, knowing how my lecture notes have always seem to overflow like water rushing out of a ruined dam... But RM20! Was it worth my 2 red-coloured notes, so neatly folded in my wallet?

And then, something struck me. Thanks to Sue Anne's constant praises, I knew I couldn't leave KLCC that day without at least settling in for that oh-so-scrumptious Hi & Mighty Pie at Chili's. Drat, Anne! Your free ads got me hooked to those RM13.95 Oreo+vanilla ice-cream+choc sauce+caramel dessert... And suddenly, I thought to myself: Why do I hesitate to buy some stationery that I'll be using for 6 whole years yet not give a moment's thought about settling for an almost equally expensive dessert? After all, dessert or no dessert, I'll still not starve like a malnourished African kid (Jeremy always says, "Think of all the children in Africa!" whenever any of us can't finish our food.)... And any science student will tell you the end-product of that diabetic-inducing dessert is called egesta, to put it more politely, lest you choke while you're eating as you're reading this...

In the end, I bought those 2 packs of tabs anyway... Come to think of it, RM3.33333333333(infinity) per year (for 6 years) is not that high a price to pay for the tabs...

A few hours later, I had the pie anyway...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Trudi said...

let me tell you something a wise person once told me: "there are only two luxuries in life, which is eating and sleeping." but i guess to have an oreo+vanilla ice cream+choc sauce+caramel dessert is the greatest joy of all :p

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

haha... u actually posted the 3.333333333 infinity thing??... Can't believe it man.. but that's what makes you shih ying.. LOL..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home