..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Of The Little Wonders In Life...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Of The Little Wonders In Life...

Sometimes, we lead such fast-paced lives that we never pause for a moment to "absorb" the little signs of "miracles" happening around us. Ever heard of the phrase, "Stop and smell the roses"? That's what I'm talking about...

Yesterday evening, I joined a shopping trip to Moore Park's Homemakers Supacentre organized by the International Student Services (ISS). The weather was fine when we first set out but as we were walking along Anzac Parade, raindrops began pelting at us.

Oh no! I forgot to bring my umbrella! And to think I watched last night's news reporting a slight thunder storm!

Thankfully, another friend had an umbrella in her bag so she kindly shared it with me. The shopping trip was ok but this post ain't gonna focus on it.

On our way back, the rain stopped and as I peered out the bus window, I suddenly noticed a beautiful rainbow. The 2 girls sitting behind me noticed it as well and were gushing at the sight when 1 of the seniors jokingly asked, "Never seen a rainbow in your entire life before?"

That question got me wondering and to me, I think the fussing was because it was and will always be our very 1st rainbow in Sydney. Or Australia. And to top that up, I've to admit I've never seen a rainbow more beautiful than yesterday's. Too bad I didn't have a camera to snap up a photo of it to post it in my blog...

You may now ask, "What's the big fuss then? What's so miraculous about this rainbow?"

The answer is pretty simple.

The rainbow is a beautiful creation of God. It's a promise from Him to Noah that he'll never destroy the world again with a flood. For all of us, it's a sign of hope in bad times. It teaches us to seek out the positive things in life and not brood over the negative.

It's a sign of LIFE.

If ever there's a moment that I could freeze in life to rewind and view again in the future, THIS could be the MOMENT.

And I wouldn't regret it...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger yI mAn said...

NIcee..... =)

Last yr my apt had a BEAUTIFUL view... and sometimes there will be a beautiful rainbow after the rain... once there was TWO rainbows together!!

it was amazing...

now i got no more nice view from my new apt... =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home