..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Back in Sydney!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back in Sydney!

Back in Sydney since yesterday. Weather's crazily hot when there's no cloud to block the sunshine (I think I'm going to get tanned soon - and to think it took me 3 months back in Malaysia to lose the tan!) but not that bad when there's that nice cloud (not the dark, rainy type) and the breeze gently blowing your way. Settled quite a bit of things but have yet to unpack since I can't move into Basser due to the renovations - gone to Basser today and checked it out; the renovations have done the rooms some good! And I'll also be getting my first preference of room that I listed down in the room allocation form last year (heard from seniors that sometimes you can't even get your 12th preference!) - yay! ^_^ Bigger room (about twice the size of my previous room), nice big wash basin, double wardrobe (woohoo!), new table (no more wood-carved and marker pen graffiti!), new bookshelves, fresh coat of paint, new carpet, new curtains, new windows - I guess I need not describe anymore to tell you how much have changed and how pleased I am! And thank goodness my room's done with the renovation (it's just some other rooms) and according to Geoff, the head of college (ok, probably I should address him as Dr Geoffrey Treloar but everyone calls him Geoff anyway - Aussies have a culture where they just address the staff or lecturer by their first name - and the short form of it too!), the bathroom near my room should be done with the renovations by the time I move back in (yay!). Pity, though, for those who still have to bear with the unfinished renovations when all the seniors move back in this Sunday. Enough banter - I'll try to post soon the "before and after" shots of Basser rooms (i.e. my previous room last year and my senior's room this year - note the tone of glee at the word senior... Lol, time really flies fast - I can still remember my first day in Sydney and at the wink of an eye (ok, maybe not that fast but hey, literally speaking!), I'm back again to kick off 2nd year - hopefully I'll be able to do better this time around, now that I'm getting the hang of uni... In the meanwhile, praise the Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful sis-in-Christ like Jean who has let me bunk in her place (lol, she let me sleep on her bed while she sleeps on her huge beanbag - so paiseh, man... >.<) while waiting to get back to Basser... Ah, I think I've ranted enough for today - time to go open up the huge stack of mails I received in Sydney while I was away back home... *tired*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home