..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Clinical at Liverpool

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Clinical at Liverpool

I've been assigned to Liverpool Hospital this term (Ageing & Endings 1). Liverpool Hospital is the biggest and main teaching hospital in the South Western Sydney area as well as the biggest hospital of all the teaching hospitals for UNSW Medicine Phase 1. Gone there for my first clinical session of year 2007 last Monday. Since this course is jam-packed with neuro stuff, imagine my thrill at visiting the neuro wards and practising my history-taking plus neurological examination on patients. Here are some shots in the hospital...

The huge sign (about one-third my height) that greets visitors near the main entrance


First thing I did was to go get my new ID!


An upclose shot of my new ID... :)


Next stop: Ken Marten Library!

The inside of the library (it was well-equipped and huge for a hospital library) plus a senior med student or intern researching some journal (I don't know the guy - just some random person)


No photos allowed in wards but here's one when we're heading back - that's my coursemate, Janani, down the escalator - this is the first time I see an escalator in a hospital!

Liverpool Hospital - you rock! ^_^

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home