..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Buzzingly busy... =P

Monday, June 11, 2007

Buzzingly busy... =P

As the title suggests, I've been busy (as usual lerr)... So, I apologise for not updating my blog as frequently as I should... Here's some news of what's happened in the past few weeks...

TKC's medicine+science academic dinner & Ruth Wheen Cup table tennis finals
Pang Ping (my pet sis), me, Lou Lynn, Jane Lim, Will (he's the only non-med in this pic - he's a nanotech guy) and Paul posing next to the flower ice scuplture after this year's academic dinner. Kumar sat at our table and we certainly learned some pearls of wisdom from this infamous pathology lecturer of ours...

After several play-offs, I was selected to represent Basser in the table tennis doubles girls' team. In the Ruth Wheen Cup finals, Rue and I smashed Goldstein 2-0 (there wasn't even the need to go into the 3rd set). However, we had a tough fight with the Baxter gals - we won the 1st set while they won the 2nd, so it all came down to the last set. The crowd support was huge from both colleges as all the other matches (singles -guys and gals; and doubles -guys) have ended. We lost out in the end (18-21), but it was a good competitive match - my first ever! Anyway, I'm still glad we came out 2nd overall. No photos taken (since we forgot the camera)... Thanks Rue for being such a great partner and thanks Pang Ping for lending me the Basser sports shirt (I'm still waiting for mine from the office)...


Fishmarket & Paddy's trip with my bible study group

My bible study group posing at some stairs on the way to Paddy's Market & Marketcity from Fishmarket... Thanks for all the sharing and encouragement all these while, my dear bros and sis in Christ... =) [from highest to lowest --> Nat, Meiji, Min Hui, Mich, Kaijiun, Zi, Stef, Sze Wen, myself, Dedrick]

Group project and individual assignment
Alicia, myself and Amy - thanks gals for being such great group members! Ludi (sorry you weren't in this pic coz you couldn't make it for this meeting), it's nice to have a first-year like you on-board... =)

We had to produce a booklet targeted at parents, dealing with teenage homosexuality issues. Here's the contents page of the booklet (the layout of which I designed) - nice? not nice? P+ grade, hopefully? ;)

Then, there's the individual assignment - I did the one on Cushing's... Was really stunned to discover that Harvey Cushing and I have a lot in common (personality traits, that is)! >.<

Birthdays and dinners

Happy birthday, Ben, Porshee and Wei Bin! ^_^ Great dinner at Honey Wok (Chinese restaurant in Kingsford - 16 of us Malaysian/Singaporean med kids occupied the room upstairs for a few hours and created lots of noise - thankfully the owner was very understanding), boysenberry cheesecake and black forest cake for everyone, plus Claire brought Pink champagne and Malibu coconut rum to go with the Coke that Tim brought! Hehe...

Winter has kicked in
Winter chills with pouring rain have arrived again. The merciless winds have tumbled down this tree at our library lawn over the weekend - some workers had to come and saw it into smaller portions... poor tree...

Ok, I guess this is more than enough rant to compensate for one whole month of silence... Gotta go do work - au revoir! ^_^

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Andrew Loh said...

congrats!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Trudi said...

Heys, long time no see or hear! Hope things are going well for you too~ Yeah exams have been really harsh on people... God bless!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Shih Ying GUN (Jane) said...

Thanks, Andrew and Fran... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home