..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: KFC Commercial + French Kids = Yesterday

Saturday, June 16, 2007

KFC Commercial + French Kids = Yesterday

Yesterday as I was heading to class, I passed by the library lawn and saw some people shooting some film or commercial. When I enquired about it, it was for KFC's latest commercial - as to why they picked our uni's library lawn instead of any other parks or places, I have no idea - makes me wonder if our lawn really is that pretty... Anyway, here are some photos I shot at the scene:

One of the medieval suits for the commercial...



The cameraman rolling the film...



Some of the KFC food prepared for the commercial...


Had my last clinical session for this block at Sydney Children's Hospital (its most infamous sponsor is Nicole Kidman - some of the med students spotted her around the hospital last year when she came back to Sydney to marry Keith Urban)... Apparently, it was Gold Week at SCH...



We had a great clinical session as a bunch of French kindergarten kids (about 5-6 years old) came over to SCH as part of the "Meet the Medical Students Program". All the kids were so cute; we couldn't help but think how nice it would be to bring one back home! We students paired up and took charge of 3 kids each - Omar and I had Lise, Celia and Sophie under our wings. We had to bring them around 5 different stations where we performed various examinations and measurements:
  1. Visual acuity tests (using shapes charts) and ear check (using the auroscope to examine the tympanic membrane)
  2. Measurement of head circumference, weight and height; and comparing these values to those in the percentile charts
  3. Gross motor skills - hopping on one foot, skipping, balancing on one foot, walking heel-to-toe
  4. Checking pulse, breathing rate and blood pressure
  5. Listening to the heart and chest
Of course, the kids wanted to use the auroscope and stethoscope so we let them "experiment" with them... =) The incentive for the kids is that each of them received a certificate with 5 stamps for each of the station they "completed" e.g. "I had my eyes and ears tested."... The class will also get a doctor's kit (the play type) complete with a play stethoscope! No wonder there was such an overwhelming response from all the neighbouring kindergartens which our SCH tutors sent out the invitations to! I was also impressed with my tutor, Dr Mimi Pham, who jabbered away at French at one point of time to the kids and teachers - whoa, if only I knew how to speak French! [daydreaming] Too bad we weren't allowed to take pictures with the kids or I would have posted one of Omar, Lise, Celia, Sophie and myself in this post!

Ok, I have rambled enough for today - really need to study for my BGD exams that's coming up in less than a fortnight... >.<

Ps. The rain is making me depressed...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home