..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Uni started yesterday - still recovering from the fact that winter break is over... Sigh... But I've got other things to look forward to - like the final installment of JK Rowling's Harry Potter! [grin] I've pre-ordered the book (this is the first time I'm pre-ordering) about a month ago at Dymocks Bookstore, Bondi Junction branch... The recommended retail price here is $49.95 but Dymocks is selling at $29.95 - so I decided to use the $30 gift card I won in a lucky draw for a survey for med students. Timely, don't you think? I know it's not as cheap as Big W's $25.95 but what the heck, it's only $4 difference plus I'm actually buying the book for free! The guy at the counter even returned me with a 5-cent coin as the remaining balance of the $30 gift card (over here, you don't have to use up the entire value of the gift card at one go)! When I checked the pre-order price on Malaysian bookstores' websites like MPH and Kinokuniya, I figured I landed myself a pretty good deal considering that even after conversion, Dymock's still cheaper than the RM100+ price back home... That is, of course, until Tesco and Carrefour decided to sell them at RM60+... Then again, I have nothing to complain as I don't have to wait till the end of the year to read the book. Plus, Dymocks threw in a limited edition bookmark, book bag and receipt docket (see above photo) - they're all in the shades of purple with shiny sparkles (woohoo!)... I also get to enter a lucky draw in the bid to win a magical trip for two to the homeland of Harry Potter - Britain! Though I doubt I'll be that lucky, hehe... Pre-ordering was a splendid idea - you don't even have to queue up to get the book - it's just "flash the receipt, grab your book and go"! There's no need to worry about waking up super duper early; I collected my book at noon instead of the release time of 9AM... A lady came in to enquire about the book when I was collecting mine but the guy at the counter apologised, saying that it has run out of stock and that the lady has to wait for the next batch to arrive - jeez, all sold out in less than 3 hours! Anyway, I reckon JK Rowling has redeemed herself from the disappointing writing style she adopted in books 5 and 6, at least in the first few chapters of this 7th book - I'm taking my own sweet time to read the book at leisure rather than rushing through it for the sake of knowing the storyline. My friends who have finished the book all concurred that this is perhaps the best book in the Harry Potter series, so, fans out there are in for a delightful read - myself included! ^_^

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home