..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Pictorial Updates...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pictorial Updates...

Ok, I realised I haven't been blogging lately - anyway, here are some pictorial updates in chronological order...

Basser now has Foxtel! It's something like Astro for those of you back home in Malaysia... I hope I don't get addicted to it...


Red Frogs Australia visited Basser before the mid-year exams with free coffee and hot choc, sold Krispy Kremes at an amazing $1 per doughnut and lent us the latest Nintendo Wii to play! It's so cool - you can feel the remote vibrating when you hit a ball across (using the remote itself as a racquet!) just like you're playing real tennis!


Post-exams lunch @ Seoul-Ria (Korean restaurant in the city) - fantastic food (cold noodles, unagi, BBQ, seafood pancake, etc.), free flow of side dishes (including spicy potato, kimchi, pickles, lilybuds, konyaku jelly, etc.) and great service (there's a tiny button at the side of the table that you can press and the waiter will come right up - very useful when we want to refill the free side dishes, hehe)! The ambience of the setting was really warm and cosy - above's a photo of mainly 2nd year med students from Malaysia and Singapore...


Mervyn, Eunice and Jess had their housewarming the day after exams. Had an early birthday celebration for both Mervyn and Tsang Yew, both 22 this year - we got them to strike this rather gay pose for the camera as they were cutting the cake...


Attended the District 70 Toastmasters District Officer Training Day and Changeover Dinner - I'm currently Area 24 Governor (NSW suburbs under my charge include Kensington, Randwick, Coogee, Maroubra, Rosebery, Mascot and Eastlakes) for the term 2007/2008... Above is a photo of the 4 generations of Area 24 Governors linking arms together after the dinner - my predecessors include Helen, Ross and David...


My shiny new Area Governor badge awarded to me at the dinner... This year's theme for District 70 is "Respect Responsibility Rewards"... I still can't believe that the district's colour for 2007/2008 is purple (my favourite colour)! Must have been fated... [grin]


A shot taken @ The Cell (Zi's place) after Linda's farewell dinner with the rest of my bible studies group. Dear sis, all the best in Malaysia and God bless always! Looking forward to your graduation in August!


My little "gallery" - the wall space allocated to me to paste up some of my works for one of my winter gen eds (Drawing the World Within Without) @ COFA (College Of Fine Arts) on assessment day... I've spent close to $100 just on art materials! The bottom middle piece (in case you're curious) is an ink painting done on 3 A1 cartridge papers (or you can use 3 A0 litho papers) taped at the back together - that's the size of 24 A4 papers (even taller than myself)! Above it is my abstract self-portrait... Had lots of fun in COFA for the past 2 weeks - imagine drawing 20+ items without looking down on the paper, then drawing the same stuff but this time with the other hand (if you're ambidextrous, you use your mouth!), then drawing the same stuff from memory - all these in 3 minutes each! I also had to sketch Catherine's portrait in 2 minutes without looking down on my paper - luckily the face I drew was still recognizable! And what about those 2 minute sketches of my classmates posing on the cube blocks?


My final drawing based on some structures placed in the middle of the art studio - the items are either metal stuff or mirrors or have smooth surfaces so we have to draw the reflections and lustre as well... It's a black and white colour pencil drawing on an A2 sized mid-tone neutral-coloured Canson paper... Took me more than 6 hours just to complete this drawing (I left COFA that night at 9PM eventhough class was scheduled to end at 5PM - some of us tend to stay back to complete the drawings) but it's worth it - Kurt (my lecturer) was right: I would never have imagined that I'll be able to draw something like this! 2 weeks of intensive drawing really does make one improve, especially an arts noob like me!


Another one of my noob drawings - it's a compressed charcoal plus willow stick drawing on A1 cartridge... My hands were all black by the time I was done...


The conceptual performance space model I built for Baz Luhrmann's "William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet" (the one starring Leonardo di Caprio and Claire Danes) in my other winter COFA gen ed, Design in Performance...


I'm officially done for my 12UoCs (units of credit) of gen ed requirements by the end of this winter - no need to worry about it for the rest of my uni years - yay! Wonder why I'm so gung-ho to finish them off so early when I have up to the end of my 4th year to do it (general education are like electives; med students do them starting from 2nd year to 4th year - I completed mine in only half a year, muahaha!)...

Exam results were released yesterday - I achieved better than expected since there were so many changes to the format of the paper... Really happy and pleased with my results - it's all thanks to God! ^_^

Less than a week left for my winter break - hasn't really been that much of a break for me, has it? Especially with 6UoCs of COFA gen eds - picture me being artsy from morning to night every weekday during the hols, lol... I shall relax a bit more this week before HM-B (Health Maintenance B) kicks off next week! Ciao!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home