..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: I need you, my Lord, my Saviour...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I need you, my Lord, my Saviour...

Ok, so I'm now officially "legal" back in Malaysia (the legal age in Australia is only 18)... Those who know me well should know the date I turned into that "big 21" as many call it... Had many surprise celebrations thrown by different groups of friends - the best was still by my bible studies group - thank you all for making it memorable.. Thanks also to everyone who remembered and made the effort to greet me - doesn't matter if it's just a simple sms or email - it's the thought that counts! =)

Some asked me, "So, how does it feel to be 21?"

Well, there isn't any clear straightforward answer to that question. Maybe I'm older in age now but I feel that I still have much wisdom to gain. Praise to the good Lord for giving me the opportunity to live to see my 21st birthday (think of the unfortunate ones; some don't even make it past their 1st birthday) - He has certainly opened my eyes to "see" things that I've never "seen" before. I feel like I still have lots to learn and catch up in my growth as a Christian.

Pastor Joshua was really inspiring in his sermon today. He gave us this interesting analogy of how there was a box filled with bananas with a hole on top that's just big enough for a monkey's paw to get in. When the monkey sniffs out the bananas, it places its paw into the hole and tries to grab the bananas out. Despite not being able to get the bananas out, the monkey refused to let go and was finally killed by a hunter. This painted the scenario of how we sometimes cling on too tightly to the materials of this world, so much so that it distracts us from approaching the eternal throne in heaven. We should never be so "blind" as we'll have the courage to keep going when we can see the finish line. It made me realise how I can be so "out of focus" at times when the only things that matter are to draw near to God, hold fast to the hope and stir up one another to love and good works (Hebrews 10:22-24). Such simple things yet I still get side-tracked from time to time. It is times like these when I begin to think how merciful God can be and thank Him for his wonderful grace.

I need you, my Lord, my Saviour...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

welcome to age 21!!!! the door is open!!!! =P

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Shih Ying GUN (Jane) said...

Hehe, thanks... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home