..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Not enough time?!

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Not enough time?!

It's past 5.30 in the morning and I've yet to hit the sack... Got too engrossed in my revision for the upcoming ICE (Integrated Clinical Examination) - it's on 25th November, so less than a month to go. Not to mention, a week before that, assignment and portfolio essay are due. So much to do yet so little time!

But why should I even complain? Do I even have the right to complain?!

The ungrateful creature in me screams folly: "There's not enough time! I want more time! Heck, why can't it be 48 hours in a day instead of 24? It's not fair - I've got so much to do yet so little time!"

And the ramblings continue...

But perhaps it's time for me to reflect (even better now that the night, or should I say early morning, is filled with serene silence - most, if not all, collegians would have been sound asleep by now) - I could not define time till I had work that helped me quantify the passing moments in which I did the aforesaid work. And to think of it, what a blessing it is to have SOMETHING to do! Here I am, privileged enough to be acquiring medical knowledge at university yet I complain. Why, I'm quite sure there are many out there who would gladly accept the workload just to be studying medicine! Or to put it in a broader perspective, what about the disadvantaged population who are not as fortunate to receive proper education? Or those who are keen to learn but cannot afford tertiary education?

So Lord, I pray, help me to be thankful for the education You've provided me with, along with everything else that you have lavished upon me. For I came into this world, bringing nothing, and all that I have come from You. Even more than education, I thank You for Your amazing gift of salvation when You sent Your Son to die on the cross for my wretched sins. Mold me into the child You want me to be: a lamb that hears and follows the voice of its shepherd; a daughter of God who wants to serve You and be transformed in Your ways. I pray all these things in Your Son Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Ps. The night didn't turn out as "serene" as I expected as Eve spotted my room lights still on and decided to call me... :p

PPs. As previously mentioned, this blog is now revived and will be updated regularly - feedback and suggestions are most welcome! =)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home