..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: My friend passed away on my birthday... :(

Sunday, November 15, 2009

My friend passed away on my birthday... :(

Sad... So sad...

I was checking through Nuffnang Analytics and found it amusing that someone actually arrived at my blog while doing a Google UK search on "jane gun shih ying". Thought it would be interesting if I replicated the search myself to see what came up. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I came across an old newspaper article:

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2004/3/26/features/7615465&sec=features

It was written by a dear old friend, Leonard, whom sadly has passed away just a few months after writing that article. Reminiscing about that moment 5 years ago, I decided to Google "wong siang hume" to see what came up. Somehow I must have missed out on this article when it got published:

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2004/8/27/features/8744143&sec=features

Yes, back then I knew he passed away in August - I was traveling back home after class when I received a text message from a fellow Scrabbler and read the shocking news about this sad demise... but imagine my bigger shock when I found out just minutes ago that his passing away happened exactly on my birthday!! So while I was celebrating the day I was given the breath of life, another soul has just ceased...

Dear Leonard,

You have always been a great inspiration to me. Some people think it strange that I'm friends with someone more than thrice my age but age never really was a barrier, was it? I thank God that He has blessed me with the opportunity to know you and call you my friend. Thank you for imparting your wisdom on life. Thank you for the many delightful conversations we shared. Thank you for your wonderful friendship. I know that you've returned home to the Lord and am assured by it... When I blow out the candles on my cake each year, I'll remember that the many years of life experiences I have gathered are made richer because of our friendship. Thank you...

Reminiscing our friendship forever,
Jane

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home