..........Myspace Codes An Extraordinary Life: Tasmania - Day 5

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tasmania - Day 5

Such freakishly hot weather here in Sydney - how I yearned for the cooler summer that I had while on holiday in Tassie... Here are the shots from Day 5!



Photobucket
A model of the architectural layout of Port Arthur



Photobucket
Getting ready to board for the cruise



Photobucket
Group shot while cruising



Photobucket
Richard posing while we were at the gallery



Photobucket
We were each given a Lottery of Life card for the Convict Trail - here I was, finally matching my Queen of Diamonds...



Photobucket
Here's my Queen of Diamonds convict: Charles Hogan, a barber/pickpocket from Essex who was sentenced to life at Port Arthur to mend his drunken ways - his good behaviour promoted him to be a leech-gatherer for the hospital... I know it's a lil too far-fetched but hey, he's also in the medical profession indirectly, eh? :p



Photobucket
Let me outta here!! I promise I'll be a good, good gal...



Photobucket
Interesting displays at the museum including the classic magpie convict's uniform



Photobucket
You can also try to trace an ancestor using the database/journals available - a form is provided for you to record the details



Photobucket
Hard to believe that a penal settlement should have such beautiful scenery...



Photobucket
Yet another view...



Photobucket
Remains of some of the ruins



Ended the Port Arthur trip with a visit to the souvenir shop - bought myself a commemorative coin and also a most dazzling cubic zirconia cross necklace... Happy happy... Will post up the final day sometime soon... ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home